Thinking about coming over

Reaction score
Hello,

I read through a few posts on here and it is amazing there is a forum JUST FOR ME on here. I thought I would ask a few questions and see where it got me. I am thinking about a 20 inch Imac if that matters.

I work with PC's in my consulting business but a lot of my work is web based as well.

I understand that Entourage will connect to my Exchange hosting? Is this correct. I use Outlook a lot day to day and my phone is also connected to exchange as well.

Also I need to remote into a few PC's from time to time. A few servers and some desktops. They use or could use Remote Desktop Connection...is there a Mac client for this.

I realize that using a dual boot option or maybe an emulator might work. I also use a program called MGC Manager to control some Polycom products I manage. I believe that is a PC Only app as well...

I guess I am switching for the same reason most people are. My business is getting more internet centric and less PC dependant. I send a lot of email and schedual appointments.....view documents and excel spreadsheets but for the most part it is all internet based.

As of lately (few years) I have been getting in to the video editing part of this as well. I I got an Archos 604 and helmet cam....I hope to do some DVD's of some of my sports activities as well as some local DVD video production....small stuff....since Vista....upgrade....hard drive upgrade....new video editing program....all pretty much come up to a new imac....lol

Thanks in advance for all your replys...

Biff

Reaction score
Make the switch, it is the right thing to do!
Entourage definitely connects just fine with Exchange servers (MS Office 2004 updated to the latest patch!)
Microsoft does make a Remote Desktop Connection for the Mac that will let you control PeeCee's:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=remotedesktopclient
All of your video work will be a happier experience on a Mac. That is a fact. You can look it up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.