Execute Applescript for all users on login

Reaction score
so i have this nice little applescript that will mount shares on a windows server 2003 domain controller. i would like to know how i could make it so whenever any user in the domain logs into a mac, it will execute this script. i've been searching around google for a while now and everyone wants to do login hooks and create shell scripts, but i dont know how to mount the shares on the DC through a shell script :] i just tell finder to open the location. any help is appreciated
thanks

Reaction score
you just need to drag it into the login items tab under accounts in system prefs, you will need to do this for all users though...

OP
willc0de4food
Reaction score
you just need to drag it into the login items tab under accounts in system prefs, you will need to do this for all users though...
yeaa...we have something like 5,000 students....and that guess is on the low side..so yeaa.....
thanks tho.

any other ideas? :]

Reaction score
yeaa...we have something like 5,000 students....and that guess is on the low side..so yeaa.....
thanks tho.

any other ideas? :]
I will look on google, but i don't think there is a way of doing it. 5,000 students.. thats a lot, I would call apple cause thats not something to mess around with...

OP
willc0de4food
Reaction score
I will look on google, but i don't think there is a way of doing it. 5,000 students.. thats a lot, I would call apple cause thats not something to mess around with...
well the uncertainty that exists is that not everyone is going to login to the computer. however, we have no way of telling who will and who will not, and it's not worth the time/effort/manpower to go to every computer and add the script for each user that has already logged in.
i was hoping there would be a system file that gets run each time a user logs in similar to /etc/bashrc =\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.