Several Bootcamp and XP problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
I have tried searching for the answers to my questions, but to no avail.

I currently have installed the most current version of bootcamp and a version of Win XP Pro SP2.
My Problems:
1. The trackpad does not work, nor does an external usb mouse(dell)
2. When attempting to install the drivers i get several errors.
-Streamci error
-Error -1602 fatal error, consult Microsoft installer...etc.
3. Built in iSight driver error.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The only thing I could suggest is to reinstall and see what you get

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Problem is, I've tried re-installing...several times heh. Maybe my copy of windows is no good...It is a corporate Win XP Pro version, yet still has SP2. I'll just look into purchasing a new copy when vista comes out if the price is low enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
Maybe my copy of windows is no good...

Anyone else see the irony in this statement? Is there such a thing as a good copy of Windows? :eek:

The corporate version of Windows isn't, I don't believe, any different than a consumer version. The only difference is in the license key. I installed both my Bootcamp and Parallels installs (prior to the Parallels beta that now supports using Bootcamp partitions) using a corporate copy of Windows and didn't run into anything like you're seeing.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Oh hmm...well if XP goes low enough in price when vista comes out, then i'll look into purchasing it, i'm not that much in need of it to spend $200 or whatever it is for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.