Can I use 5.1 speakers with my iMac?

Reaction score
I just got a 17" iMac Core Duo off of eBay and it should be arriving here tomorrow. :headphone In the mean time, I thought I'd ask a few questions - get more familiar with the platform. So, like the title says, would it be possible for me to use my Logitech X-530's with my new iMac? Or will I only be able to use the front 2? And if that's the case (can only use the front speakers), will I be able to use the subwoofer as well? Thanks for helping the newbie!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I have those speakers also, I only use the front speakers (the sub works too).

You can get an external sound card device that will let you hook all of the speakers, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
OP
T
Reaction score
Haha, well, I think I'll just be using two speakers then. :D I mainly use them for listening to music anyway, and the occasional game, so 2.1 audio should be fine. But how does the sub work if there's only one line-out jack on the back? Unless you don't need to plug in the dedicated plug for the sub...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.