Logitech MX1000 Bluetooth Mouse Question.

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to browse the forums for anything on the bluetooth version of the MX1000 that is only available with the keyboard/mouse combo but I couldnt find much.

I've been using the wireless mighty mouse since I got my macbook pro 2 weeks ago. It's not bad for web surfing and such but it's rather uncomfortable for gaming as the right click can be a hassle sometimes.

I was wondering if anyone had the Bluetooth version of the mx1000 mouse and could let me know how it works. I've heard of people having problems not being able to assign keys with the non-BT version of the mouse and also problems with jumpyness around the screen.

Are there mac drivers available for this mouse? I know the non-BT version has drivers for mac, would these work just as well?

Also, has anyone tried the Microsoft Bluetooth Intellimouse Explorer? And are the keys programmable in OSX?

Reaction score
i use this mouse. i owned the keyboard mouse combo from my last pc i had. so i have been using the mouse. but it has the same jumpy problems as the non bt. i also can not assign the keys. i downloaded the files from logitech's support page but i still can do all the things i could on my pc with it. so if i were you i would look for another alternative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I've yet to find a bluetooth mouse that works as well as the wireless mighty mouse. Even the MS laser bluetooth mouse was jerky and inaccurate. But the mighty mouse comes with its own set of issues...

I'd see if you can find the bluetooth version of the MX Revolution that Logitech sells in a similar bundle, the non-bluetooth version is pretty fantastic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.