• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

(HOAX on EBAY) Selling a POWERBOOK - Box

OP
S

s3pt1k

noirluispher said:
BTW, I bought my Apple on ebay, using paypal. Have you checked out how much money it cost to use ESCROW? I would highly suggest that anyone that purchases expensive items EBAY, to get personal with the other person. And if they still feel that it's a fake or fraudulant auction, they can back out.

OMHO.

Yes Escrow is expensive, but so are Macs and therefore one should be careful not to get the shaft. The extra money IS worth the piece of mind for to some of us.

Perhaps I should also note here that my friend DID get personal with this seller; to the tune of several phone calls and many e-mails. AGAIN, this seller's feedback is/was PERFECT, so checking it only makes you more likely to buy. The point here is that you can't be too careful; lucky for you that wasn't an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
OOH!!!! BOX! Just what i need for my sisters birthday! She always wanted an powerbook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.