Using the chat camera with PC users....

Reaction score
My camera will not connect to users using AIM on PC with a webcam. Is there anything I can do to make this work? I am using iChat. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
What kind of camera is it? iChat generally only supports iSights. To use any other camera, you need to first load the vendor's driver. Then you need to get ecamm's ichatusbcam package from http://www.ecamm.com/mac/ichatusbcam.

That ought to do the trick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I don't know if the AIM client for the Mac supports a webcam (or if it's even being developed anymore because of iChat). Yahoo's client does, although the frame-rate is awful (about 4fps).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i couldnt connect with a pc user on aim when i was on iChat either. So, with the one person we i use aMSN and she is on msn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Try Skype. I have started using it for video calling family who have PCs. It works great, and with a very nice frame rate. Video and audio quality are excellent. It works as both an IM agent and an audio/video call agent.

Skpe is free for use between any two Skype equipped computers, and it has clients for all of Mac, PC and Linux. So it is a pretty broadly based package. I am very impressed.

For the record, I am not associated with Skype in any way, just a really happy user of their product.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.