JBL's 'Spot', 'Spyro' & 'Creature' speaker systems...

pod

Reaction score
Of the three JBL subwoofer/satellite speaker systems available, I have my eye on the 'Spots' for my ibook... any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The spot system is pretty nice IMO...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I've got the creature speakers, and I'm fairly unimpressed. I didn't pay much, so I'm not really buggered about it, but the sound is definitely not full. Good bass from the sub, but the satellites are pretty tinny and so the sound is lacking in the mids.

I actually (almost) prefer the sound of the JBL on-stage I wooted a few months ago :)

OP
pod

pod

Reaction score
I guess 'try before you buy' is the way to go... I'll be taking my ibook in and hooking it up to the 'Spots' before I part with my cash...

...if you didn't pay much - can you complain? :eek:)

Reaction score
I have the creature2's on my iMac and I don't mind em at all. There my computer speakers, they get the job done for my room, and the bottom half of my house. If I wanted a sound system to blare all the bass/mids etc etc, i would spend more and get that..

I recommend them, if all you need is a good sounding computer speaker system.

Reaction score
i agree with alex, ive got the creature 2s in my bedroom with my mac and i its fine. Plus i dont need anything unbeleivable for my pc, when i have a Mission system or the 800w panasonic in the house. There more than loud enough and if you want fuller sound play with the equalizer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.