Ram? Freezing

Reaction score
If I update my ram should my computer stop freezing? I'm having a freezing problem? any suggestions? I have an Emac and I'm running on 256 ram, and I'm running heavy graphics such as photoshop and illustrator on here.

OP
W
Reaction score
Help!!!!!!!!!

If I update my ram should my computer stop freezing? I'm having a freezing problem? any suggestions? I have an Emac and I'm running on 256 ram, and I'm running heavy graphics such as photoshop and illustrator on here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It cannot hurt, but I don't think that there is any guarantee. You may also wish to check how much disk space you have left. Your Mac should REALLY slow down, and thrash the disk a lot, when you exhaust real memory, but it shouldn't freeze. What version of Mac OS X are you running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
See your later post on the same topic - I replied there!

Reaction score
You're running OS 10.3 and you post tis under 10.2? Nevermind.

Well, first, make sure you have all possible updates, up until OS 10.3.9 .

Then, try running all Batch Tasks using an App I like called MainMenu: http://www.santasw.com/

That should clean some stuff up. Does the system freeze when you do certain things or is the freezing due to a lot of open applications? If the latter applies, you should consider getting more RAM. But before judging that, try fixing your OSX as I described.

M

MacHeadCase

Yes update to 10.3.9: this was a nice stable release. Just click on the your System Preferences and on Software Update and it will download all the updates you need for your system. Just remember to unplug all peripherals (except keyboard/mouse and modem) before doing this install.

And do get more RAM, running all those CPU intensive apps on an eMac with 256MB of RAM is cutting it pretty close, IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.