Problem installing Apple Remote Desktop 3

Reaction score
I installed Apple Remote Desktop 3 a couple weeks ago. After installing it did a upgrade to Remote Desktop 3.1 automatically. After doing this I was unable to run Remote Desktop 3. I can't remember for sure but I think it said it was either missing the Remote Desktop Admin or either Remote Desktop Client.
I figured the best thing to do would be to uninstall by moving the icon to the trash and then reinstalling. I did this but now when I try to install Remote Desktop 3 once again it states that it can't install because this version is newer than the version on my hard drive. I have downloaded both the Remote Desktop Admin 3.1 and Remote Desktop Client 'upgrades' from Apple's web site. I tried installing both of these but yet it won't install saying it can't find the original product. I have used Google but can't find much on unstalling.I found a few things with instructions of going through Terminal to delete files but nothing helped. I've only been with OS X since nov. so am relatively new to this and this program is important to me but yet I don't want to have to completely reformat and install OS X. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
markw10,

I'm experiencing the same problem as you. I looked at the page the other person suggested and can't see how the info helped you resolve the issue.

Can you tell me what was it that you did to be able to reinstall ARD again?

Thanks for your time.

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17"
I ma thinking of buying this is it supposed to be easy to usE?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.