• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Black Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
My dad was in The Apple Store In Chicago this weekend and a salesman informed him that it was possible to special order a black Mac Book Pro, along with a Black Wireless Might Mouse and Keyboard. Anyone ever heard of this? I just bought a Mac Book Pro and would have loved to have a black one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you can't do it from apple, but there is a third party company that paints them and sell them to you. There are even some that will paint ones you already own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
send it my way, I have some awesome spray paint around that would do a good job. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
colorwarepc.com

OP
C
Reaction score
What about the warranty if I were to have mine done in Black? Could you give me the name of the company that you speak of? I've looked on Google and didn't find anything of interest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
ColorwarePC.com does it. They don't void the warranty, last time I checked, and its supposed to be a very professional, automotive style paintjob.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry they must have posted that as I was typing mine, those prices make me cry though especially after what I spent on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I completely understand. I can't justify a $449 paintjob for my computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
Ohh so beautiful. I want the coffee one...the girl wants the Blush one.
I just might have to get mine done...maybe a graduation self-present.
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 1GB 120GB HD...soon to upgrade to 2GB of Ram
thats pretty cool, i just wish i read about that before buying my GF a new ipod nano with a purple case to go with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.