Questions about Windows poker game

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone here that has helped me with this awsome imac 20'. Have only had it for 2 days & have learned so much from everyone here. Still have a lot to learn but that will come in time.
If I ask a dumb question please bear with me as this is all so new to me & is like learning a new language. Plus I know that sometimes I don't explain things right.

So thanks to everyone here for all your help in the last 2 days & for the next few years till I get the hang of this.

I love my new i mac 20'
My hubby hates it since he can't get his poker game that only runs on windows.
Next will be Bootcamp or Parelles I can see that coming. Which would be eaiser for a newbie like me.

Robin

T

todd51

I would think Bootcamp would probably be easier. Don't hesitate to ask questions, we'll help you as best we can!

OP
M
Reaction score
If & when i do get the courage to put bootcamp on I will need all the help & prayers that I can get.

T

todd51

I haven't attempted it yet myself becuase right now I have no need for windows, but I understand your situation. We'll all be here for help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
when i made the switch i downloaded bootcamp too.

but the surprising thing is, i rarely use windows anymore. It's crazy!

Love mac os x too much :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I don't want to clutter the beauty of OS X with windows. But I sure wish I had a way to get my WordPerfect documents that I saved to CD (before my hp died) into my iwork files. I'm checking at the Mac store tomorrow to see if they can help me. Maybe...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Unfortunatly I still have to use Windows at work. However I do all my remote management from home on the Mac using the Mac RDP client. I can tap into all the servers, network gear and my windows laptop that I leave at the office now. Its a beautiful thing. I would get Bootcamp only to say I have it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I am glad you are enjoying your new Mac thus far!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Budget Mac...suggestions?

Nice...glad to hear you're liking it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I don't want to clutter the beauty of OS X with windows. But I sure wish I had a way to get my WordPerfect documents that I saved to CD (before my hp died) into my iwork files. I'm checking at the Mac store tomorrow to see if they can help me. Maybe...?

At the very least try opening them up in neo-office http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/download.php and give it a go from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
At the very least try opening them up in neo-office http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/download.php and give it a go from there.

I personally would recommend Parallels over Boot Camp as having to restart your machine just to use one or two programs can be a royal pain. They offer a free trial, so I suggest checking that out and see if it's worth the $79.

I found it to be very useful whenever I need to use Windows on my Mac, but overall, Mac OS X handles all of my needs. In fact, it's so much better than Windows that it has actually helped me become more proficient with computers than I ever was with Windows (which is quite a statement considering the fact that I'm quite proficient with PCs)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Do not hesitate to post any questions regarding Macs. We will be there to help you. However I would encourage you to reconsider installing Windows. Yes, as a newbie to OS X, you might feel lost at times but you will learn the tricks in no time. If you can't find a software you need checkout the following links. At least you will find an alternative.

VersionTracker
MacUpdate
Mac OS X Apps
iUsethis
DashboardWidgets
Pure Mac

Have fun with your Mac. ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice & info.
If have any questions i know where to come.

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone here that has helped me with this awsome imac 20'. Have only had it for 2 days & have learned so much from everyone here. Still have a lot to learn but that will come in time.
If I ask a dumb question please bear with me as this is all so new to me & is like learning a new language. Plus I know that sometimes I don't explain things right.

So thanks to everyone here for all your help in the last 2 days & for the next few years till I get the hang of this.

I love my new i mac 20'
My hubby hates it since he can't get his poker game that only runs on windows.
Next will be Bootcamp or Parelles I can see that coming. Which would be eaiser for a newbie like me.

Robin

Congrats on the imac.....I switched last month, and just love it. I don't ever want to see a pc again, although that's hard since i'm a computer admin in a windows environment.

If your husband plays poker online, then he can try Full Tilt Poker (www.fulltiltpoker.com). I play poker online as well, but couldn't play at any of my regular sites since mac was not supported. I had to install parallels in order to do my work stuff on my mac. It works great. Haven't had an issue yet.

Anyways, enjoy the mac, i'm sure your husband will eventually love it, once he plays with it.

S.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.