dead pixel ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ive had my macbook for about 2 weeks now and ive noticed a faint red dot towards the center of my screen. its been there since i purchased and opened up my macbook. im pretty sure its a dead pixel, or something of the sort but my question is, is it worth driving down to the apple store and having the check it or just learn to live with it as it is just one spot on an otherwise flawless screen. i doubt that they will give me a whole new one based on one pixel but i am curious to see if others have had a pixel or two on there and just learned to live with it. thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
is it worth driving down to the apple store and having the check it or just learn to live with it as it is just one spot on an otherwise flawless screen. i doubt that they will give me a whole new one based on one pixel but i am curious to see if others have had a pixel or two on there and just learned to live with it. thanks in advance :)
NO, it isn't worth it. Just like you suspect, they won't replace or repair a screen for one dead/stuck pixel. There has to be a large number of pixel issues before a screen is replaced/repaired.

Reaction score
I had a stuck pixel on my PB, a stuck pixel is usually red, green . I got a 100% cotton cloth, dampened it, started to rub the pixel, turned off the PB while contining to rub, turned it back on and the pixel was gone. This pixel drove me crazy for weeks before I did this. Just remember to put your hand behind the screen when rubbing, use one finger not to hard but firm. The software program might also work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
imagine having about 50 stuck/dead pixels on a new mbp that was 2000$

now, imagine how fast i drove the 70mi back to the store.

your screwed with one stuck pixel, sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
ive had my macbook for about 2 weeks now and ive noticed a faint red dot towards the center of my screen. its been there since i purchased and opened up my macbook. im pretty sure its a dead pixel, or something of the sort but my question is, is it worth driving down to the apple store and having the check it or just learn to live with it as it is just one spot on an otherwise flawless screen. i doubt that they will give me a whole new one based on one pixel but i am curious to see if others have had a pixel or two on there and just learned to live with it. thanks in advance :)

I just called my local apple store and asked a few questions for you.. Do you do a lot of graphic design or web design on this computer for work? Do you have apple care? if the answer is yes to both there is a good chance they WILL fix your issue at the local apple store. If you do not have apple care with just a standard one year warranty and all you use your computer for is to check email and surf the www they will only fix your issue is you have 5 or more dead pixels.

good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.