iBook G3 - A few questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 500Mhz
Hello,

My friend had me fix her iBook G3 over the weekend. All that was wrong with it was the OS got corrupted somehow. I reinstalled Mac OS 10.2 and its working fine. In fact, I am posting this using it right now.

I am going to try and convince her, since I believe she is looking for a new upgrade anyway, to buy this old machine. Sure, it may be old, but for someone like me with not much money, and is about to start college, I see this old machine as something that might last me until I get some extra cash. I have a couple questions real quick though.

1: How much is one of these worth? It's basically a stock iBook G3 500Mhz, 192MB/RAM, CD-ROM, Airport, 10GB Hard Drive. How much would be fair market value to pay for this laptop, so I don't rip the girl off should she decide to sell this thing?

2: If I do buy it, I plan on upgrading it. I think the RAM and HDD should probably be upgraded, but what else can be upgraded to improve performance for not much money? Where can I buy the parts for this?

3: Before I do any of this, is it worth my time or should I look at another Mac OS laptop for my needs?

Any other comments/concerns are appriciated. I havent messed around with an Apple laptop since my old Powerbook 145, lol.

Thanks very much everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.