• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sick ];

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
well since i've complained to everyone else, i might as well complain to yous lol! i have the head cold of the century..yesterday the WHOLE day my head hurt so bad i felt as if i had the drunken spins, a sore throat where i can't even swallow, and congestion everywhere, and my whole body is sore..and all i want right now is an extra large tea from dunkin donuts ]=..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
oh noes!

Drink plenty of orange juice. Tropicana or Florida's Natural is the best (the only non-organic that is really 100% juice not from concentrate without any added stuff). I drink about a quart of OJ every day (3 cartons per week) and never get sick. 3000000% daily vitamin C will do that, I guess.

M

MacHeadCase

Too late now to take echinacea. This works great as a preventive measure to catch those darn nasty flu bugs.

I used to catch every form of cold, flu, throat bugs leaping around in my city.

A nurse friend of mine suggested I take echinacea every 15 days out of the month in the critical period (October through April) and I followed her suggestion. Now I very rarely get anything at all. :girl:

Hope you get well soon, DVaris223.

OP
DVaris223
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Thanks! I just can't believe how bad it is..I was waiting until the nausea caught on..but it never did (Thank the good Lord)..because that would have been the worst..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Try Zinc tablets for soar throat. They work.

Reaction score
well since i've complained to everyone else, i might as well complain to yous lol! i have the head cold of the century..yesterday the WHOLE day my head hurt so bad i felt as if i had the drunken spins, a sore throat where i can't even swallow, and congestion everywhere, and my whole body is sore..and all i want right now is an extra large tea from dunkin donuts ]=..
Go down to the Apple store and buy something to cheer you up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
Thanks! I just can't believe how bad it is..I was waiting until the nausea caught on..but it never did (Thank the good Lord)..because that would have been the worst..

i had that a couple weeks ago, couldn't swollow, was dissy all the time and was very nauseus. my nose was completly stuffed up (normally it is just one nostral). and every bone in my bod was so sore i couldnt even go out of the basement (couldnt go up the staires). i was really lucky i have a bathroom downstairs:p

Reaction score
If you have the same strain that is going around here (Florida) then you must have it BAD!! Get well soon - you will be in our thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I was sick about 6 months ago with a cold/fever. Unfortunately, it was during my trip to Japan. :(

Get well soon!

WBT

Reaction score
Sounds more like the flu' though that should have fever too. Vitamin C in 2500 to 3000 MG's a day seems to help me get over it faster. Doc's say that lots of water rather than just fruit juice is helpful too. Newsweek recent issue published results of a long, multi-year study on people that showed echinacea (& St. John's Wort) actually did nothing. Under the age of 35 I never got sick either and never took echinacea or anything else other than good food and enough sleep. But what do I know, I once owned a PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.