Linksys Wireless G

Reaction score
My home is connected through a Linksys Wireless G router, and both of my PC's connect to it just fine using the Linksys software. However, my MacBook cannot seem to connect no matter what I do. I believe the Linksys software enables MAC address or Ethernet ID filtering, but I am unable to figure out how to implement that in my attempts to connect to my network on my Mac.

Any ideas?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
is there any sort of security, like wep or wpa enabled on it? or does it have broadcasting turned off?

edit: by the way, welcome to the forums versailles!

OP
V
Reaction score
is there any sort of security, like wep or wpa enabled on it? or does it have broadcasting turned off?

edit: by the way, welcome to the forums versailles!

according to my PC, it has WEP enabled and the linksys software seems to use MAC address filtration. i either need the linksys software on my computer, as it seems the 3rd party program is responsible for the MAC address filtration, or i'm just too n00b with the macbook. i'm gonna try to use the PC and add another MAC address to the network and see if that works.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You need to access the Linksys Router's setup/config software.

In a web browser, on a computer that can connect to it, put 192.168.1.1 in as the address. That will let you configure the router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.