Anyone with the Logitech s530 Laser Keyboard/Mouse please answer....

Reaction score
Just bought the Logitech s530 combo.

It's a pretty good keyboard and mouse, though I absolutely hate WHITE keyboards. I feel as if I have to wash my hands before each use.

Question....

Since SAFARI and MAC MAIL are NOT my default options (I use Firefox and Entourage), is there a way to go in and change the buttons on the keyboard so it launches the programs I want? I did not see this option under KEYBOARDS in the system control.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi, I have this very keyboard and mouse - I love it!

You can configure this the way you want it. Go to System Preferences, Logitech Control Center, and highlight the keyboard icon. Select "Configure". You will see a screen that lists all the extra buttons. Hightlight the "E-Mail" entry. On that row, click anywhere in the right hand end of the row, somewhere under the "Assigned Action" column. Select "Open Application".

When you do this, the area at the bottom of the screen (called "Details") will allow you to change the configured application. Just use the drop down list by the Select Application item. I have mine set to Thunderbird, which is the mailer I use, and it works well.

You can do the same thing to configure the web browser and most of the other buttons.

Post back if you have any trouble with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Any pros/cons with it Mac57? It seems from what I've heard about this keyboard/mouse set, is people have a love/hate relationship with it. 50% love it, and 50% hate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
From my perspective, it is pretty much all Pro. The only con I might suggest is that the mouse takes a little more pressure to click than some, and you do notice that after a while. However, it has such a nice weight, and provides such good tactile feedback when you click it that you get over it quickly. It is not perfect, but it is as close as I have come in a while.

I use a Logitech MX1000 on my Linux box, and thought it was the best ever until I got this S530. Now it is a toss up. If you are looking for another mouse option however, the MX1000 is a really nice product. I don't know if it has specific support for Macs though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.