problems with airport

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
hi everyone
every time i turn on my macbook, airport contects automatically to my modem (sometjing like belkin621), it detects it but when i try to sign in on messeger, or use firefox, it looks like if i wasn't connected..
so what i do is sometimes i reset the modem, others i just diable and enable
Airpot (a lot of times :mad:)... and SURPRISE! im connetced...

i dont know if its a modem problem, or an airport problem... i just dont want to keep doing things like this...

i need help u_u...

thanx and sorry for my english :p

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
make sure you're resetting everything at once when you do this, it should stay solid for a longer time, or indefinitely.

power everything off (not necessarily your mac, but can't hurt).
turn on your modem and leave it for a couple minutes.
then turn on your airport.
then try to connect (or if you left the macbook on, it may just connect on it's own).

if it keeps doing this, try moving the airport around, and make sure there's no obvious sources of interference nearby (cordless or cell phone, television, radio, blackberry, etc). you could also check to see if there are firmware updates available for both the modem and airport.

hope that helps!
welcome to the forums!

OP
cas

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
thanx but i realized that it was a modem problem so i call technical support and they solve my problem thank you anyway

n_n

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.