How to transfer songs from Mac to Dell

Reaction score
I would like to transfer my songs I have on my macbook pro in iTunes to iTunes that I have on my Dell. Is this possible? If so...what would be the best way of doing this? I have a 1 GB Flash Drive if that helps. I also have a 2 GB Nano if that helps aswell. I appreciate any help...I'm a recent switcher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
How much music do you have? All your music in iTunes should be in your Music folder in your Home folder.

1. Copy "Music" folder to flash drive or Nano.
2. Plug flash drive or Nano into Dell.
3. Copy "Music" to My Music or wherever you want.
4. Open up iTunes and go to File > Add Folder to Library
5. Locate your "Music" folder
6. There you go, it should show up in iTunes.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ok, i will try it out. Only thing is with the Nano, I will have to reformat it or whatever (noob here) to go from mac to pc right? I will try out the flash drive and see how that works. thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Ok, i will try it out. Only thing is with the Nano, I will have to reformat it or whatever (noob here) to go from mac to pc right? I will try out the flash drive and see how that works. thanks for the reply.

You can't use a Mac-formatted iPod to move your music to a Windows PC.

Format your nano on your PC and don't let your Mac reformat it. As for the flash drive, you should have no problems.

You may or may not need a 3rd party app like YamiPod ( this link is to the Windows version, there is also a Mac version too)to access your music on the Nano, once it's connected to your PC.

Here's some very helpful tips from Apple.

...and some more useful info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.