Mega iBook G3 headache/frustration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 867, iPod 3G 15 gb
Hi,
I really don't know what to do with my iBook. This summer I got it off eBay. It is a G3 800 w/airport, 128 MB ram. A month or so ago, the logic board started to fail. I shimmed it with notecards inside the case, and that lasted about 3 days. I used it for a while with that, and just shimmed it again the other day. A week or two ago I dropped it, and bent the heck out of the power connector on the charger. I have it plugged in all the time, since my battery is shot. I bent it back into shape the best I could with a pliers, but it wasn't perfect, and didn't make contact much of the time (had to rotate it a lot to make it work). Last night, I had the wise idea to bend the center pin on the charger some more. I broke it off. So, I made up a new plug this morning. All was going well, until the 2 wires touched. I think my iBook is toast now. I can't get it to turn on at all. I just can't see putting money into it; it is not worth it. It has only 128 MB ram, OS 10.2.8, only CD ROM, failing logic board, and the case is not very good looking. And the screen has big marks where the keyboard hits it. I am kicking myself for not spending $100 more and getting a Powerbook G4. Any suggestions? It looks like I can get about $150 max for anything not broken left on it, on eBay. And I just spent what little money I had on ski bindings. What should I do? I was going to use a heat gun to fix the GPU bad solder on the logic board, but now the board seems to be toast. My little internal power adapter board thing seems to be good. :radioacti

I can't stand using this stupid compaq windows laptop any longer!! This compaq is junk! :(

Thanks, and any help is appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.