DVD Playing in Front Row Freezes

Reaction score
I was playing a DVD in Front Row for the first time but about halfway through, it froze up for about a minute and then said "The DVD cannot be played. There is a problem with the disc". I cleaned the DVD and tried again but it did the same thing so I tried it in my Compaq laptop and it played fine. Any idea why Front Row was having trouble?

I didn't have time to experiment with it because it was a rented DVD so I don't know if it would do it again with a different disc or not.

Reaction score
G'day tyson0016, it's tough to give an explanation as to why FrontRow spat the dummy with your Rental DVD. Next time this happens try playing the DVD through another media player on your Mac like DVD Player or VLC etc. It'll be easier to determine if your MacBook Pro's drive is having problems with the disc or if it's just FrontRow that doesn't like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.