No Quicktags in WordPress?

Reaction score
At the advice of many here at Mac-Forums.com, I set up two blogs using WordPress.

However, for some reason, when I log in through my Mac to write an article or a page, I do not get the "quicktags" that provide WYSIWYG editing. Instead, I have to do all HTML editing by hand.

Is there a workaround? Is there a plugin I can use to get around this?

:eek:

M

MacHeadCase

Do you have the latest version? WordPress is now at 2.0.7 but I know that 2.0.6 finally supported QuickTags in Safari.

WordPress 2.0.6

I'm still at 2.0.4 in my blog so can't say if it works now or not... I really need to find some time to upgrade.

By the way, this is the WordPress 2.0.7 release notes.

Edited to add:

I now I'm not particularly fond of Firefox's interface but I still keep it around just in case. QuickTags work in it. They also do in Camino.

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Wow, MHC! You totally solved my problem with that, thanks! Sure enough, logged in to the Fantastico panel at my host and it was all ready to upgrade to 2.0.6, and now the QuickTags are showing.

You rock! Rep!

M

MacHeadCase

Glad that version solved your problem.
icon6.gif

Wow! Me thinks I should get crackin' and upgrade too. I miss quicktags... :blind:

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Thanks, MHC! I'll probably wait until my hosting company sets it to update via Fantastico, which they haven't done yet. They're still on 2.0.6. But I wouldn't have even known about that -- or its importance to QuickTags in Safari -- if not for your held. Thanks again!

M

MacHeadCase

I upgraded to WP 2.0.7 yesterday and I had to disable a plug-in as there seemed to be a problem, got error messages in the WP Dashboard. The plug-in is Subscribe to Comments: will be on the lookout for an update of this plug-in. Will also be watching the WP users forum to see any possible conflicts with WP 2.1.

BTW the update seems to have sweet new features.

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
Well, Bluehost posted 2.1 today and I upgraded without any trouble (God bless Fantastico). Most importantly for me, it didn't disable my password protection plug-in or muck about with the theme I'm using.

Who needs a built-in spell-checker? My Mac did that for me already. :)

M

MacHeadCase

Nein for the spell-checker, my friend. I was thinking about the automatic saves and they talk about a speed boost? WP 2.0.7 is sluggish, very slug-gish. :^P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.