Memory

Reaction score
How do I find out what is the most ram I can put into my computer Emac?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes you can add another 128, 256 or 512. You can also remove the old one and replace it with two 512 to get the most. It's up to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
No, RAM does not store permanent information. It is only short term and clears itself anyway when the computer is restarted. Replacing RAM will not in any way effect the files stored on your computer.

OP
W
Reaction score
this should eliminate some freezing? and speed up the computer when I have multiple graphics programs open?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
It will definately speed up your computer while multi-tasking. There is a very good possibility that it will also make your computer more stable, as in preventing it from freezing as often. If you are having trouble with programs freezing you may want to try some maintenance first before spending money on RAM. Try a free program called Onyx to clean things up. However 256 RAM is not much, so you may want to upgrade anyway since going from 256 to 1 GB will make a huge difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.