• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Music Labels to Prohibit Sharing for Zune Users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It appears Sony Music and Universal Music Group are marking certain artists of theirs as "prohibited" for sharing, meaning that just because you've paid for a song, and even managed to find another Zune user on the planet Earth, doesn't mean you'll necessarily get to beam that JoJo track to another Zune via WiFi magics.
Link to article here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
haha sucks for them.

M

MacHeadCase

Tee Hee Tee Hee.

Looks like Apple's DRM isn't all that bad after all. With the iTunes Music Store you can at least share with up to five computers (authorize)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Ha Ha....Zune'd

Reaction score
So.. the "best" feature of the Zune is limited...the sucks for any zune users...and the maybe two labs that actually would test one...

Reaction score
Why oh why do we even bother about a product that apperently is inexistent :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
With all the things i've read about how hard is to find someone to share with, this isn't really a terrible thing for the Zune. No sarcasm intended in this post, sharing IMO is not the best feature a Zune has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Zune is like going to the store to buy a pair Nikes and you left with a pair of Sikes. Nice attempt MS but leave the MP3 buisness to Apple they know it better than you. Thats an honest observation because I don't want to be welcomed to the social(Dumbest Slogan Ever!!) Thats the way I feel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That does suck for Zune users, but I would be really upset with MS for not securing those agreements prior to launch. Zune still has a lot of potential and just needs some serious improvement IMHO. At least it's not a completely closed system. I don't know why people keep ragging on Zune for it's small market share; it's been out all of 3 months! Jobs made fun of it for gaining 2% market share in November, but then said he HOPES to get 1% of cell phones by the end of 2008!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.