Will non-Apple accessories work with MackBook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I am planning to buy MacBook pro (import in to India). Inidia there isn’t much of mac presence. The query I have is, if I need to buy any accessories later, will all the general accessories made by non-apple manufacturers work with macbook or I should buy only Apple made accessories. the accessories I am talking about are like

1) cables/converters for connecting to TV
2) TV tuner
3) Modem for connecting to internet
4) external flash drives/hard disks
etc...

Thanks
Raju

Reaction score
Any standard connection cables will work with your mac, provided your Mac has the inputs.
For the modem, for example, since your probably still on dial-up (phone service like TATA or Reliance) you will need an adapter. New Macs don't have modem connections anymore.

But if you have an external modem already that connects through USB, it should work. On Apple's site you can check all the Input and Output options of your mac and get all cables in India correspndingly.
There's an Apple Store in Bangalore, by the way, you can Mail-order stuff from them in the worst case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.