I heard it is possible to run Mac OS X Tiger on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi! I am an owner of a windows XP PC. Is it possible for Mac OS X to be installed and be working for a windows based PC using dual-boot configuration? I've heard rumors about it working, but technically it shouldn't work because of the hard-ware designs... Do you know the answer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It should never work. PCs use BIOS, Macs use EFI. Never the twain shall meet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
i know someone who has it running

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It is a different logical startup sequence. I am not sure that the hardware is radically different, but trying to boot up a Mac using BIOS should just never work... rather like trying to run a Mac application on Windows. The right software (or in this case firmware) hooks just aren't there to enable it to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, this is not possible. As was already pointed out, this has been discussed before, and despite what you hear it is not possible to do legally. I am going to close this thread now, as these thread typically get out of hand and never end amicably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.