G5 w/iSight: anything I should know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
Hi all!

I've been looking to buy a cheap-ish iMac for my parents, or even myself. Recently on eBay someone in my area has put up their G5 iMac (with iSight, so I believe that makes it Rev C), and being local I'm able to go check it out in person before the auction ends.

Not having owned (or used, probably) one of these iMacs before, are there any issues that would be easy to check for that I should look out for? I know the earlier G5 iMacs had power supply/capacitor problems, and some had problems with the lock on the Superdrive? Any and all advice appreciated :)

Also, it's the stock 20" model (512MB RAM, X600 video) and apparently Applecare warranty for another 18 or so months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I had a quick surf through some entries that I googled, and it seems like the only consistent problem I saw was fans growing noisier as the machines age. So, I would pay attention if you can to the amount of noise it is making. It sits right on your desk, in front of your face. If it is making much noise, you will REALLY notice it. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.