Project Management Software

CRH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Multiple G5's and PBs
I am looking for a project management solution to install on my company's Mac network. We are all Mac based and primarily work on custom ecommerce projects, but also do a lot of application development and print work. Below are some of the requirements I need to see in place:

- enter/edit tasks, sub tasks and sub sub tasks (etc etc)

- assign different workers to different tasks, labeled accordingly

- add side notes for tasks, subs etc

- ability to attach new sub tasks to a current task if statement of work changes during project development

- easily adjust / alter task deadlines if needed (client is late on deliverables, etc)

- assign billing alerts to tasks (our billing protocol incorporates mid-project payments that are triggered by reaching a particular task in our project action map, for example... task 20 in phase 3 will trigger a reminder the client needs to be billed for reaching mid-project). this needs to be automated within our organization.

- assign alerts/reminders to deadlines for tasks and subtasks

- allow for team and manager view

- web-based public view option for client to review project status and the deliverables they still owe

I am sure there are other requirements I am not thinking of right now, but that list is the gist of it. Does anyone have any advice or have experience using some of the different software platforms out there (xTime Project, iTaskX, PMX)? I have tried xTime and thought it was slow and the interface was clunky. Just looking for some advice and past experiences.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am not sure if these follow all your requirements, mabye soembody who uses them with what you want will tell if you they can.

Right now I use Daylite, and it does much (if not all) of what you want.

The other program is Filemaker pro, which I have nevr used, so i can't tell you much about them.

Check out both of their websites and see what you think about both software applicatoins.

OP
C

CRH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Multiple G5's and PBs
Thanks for the info PBG4. I downloaded the trial version of Daylite and will be messing with it over the weekend. Looks pretty cool on first impression...

If anyone else has any info to share, please let me know.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.