Hard Drive Upgrade

Reaction score
I recently bought a MacBook. Intel Core Duo 2 GHz, 1 GB SDRAM, 80 GB 5400 RPM hard drive. I want to uprgade my hardrive and was wondering if there was a limit to the capacity and RPMs that the laptop can handle.

THANKS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Nope, as long as it is the right kind, no limit. But you have to consider, the bigger and faster, the more of your battery it will drain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I think at the moment the largest internal sata hard drive you can get is either the Toshiba or Fujitsu 200Gb, these I think are both 5400 rpm hard drives.

Currently or it was current a couple weeks ago, if you wanted a 7200 rpm hard drive the largest was a 100Gb.

OP
N
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a new hard drive and there seems to be a distinction between notebook hard drives and i guess regular hard drives. Do I need to buy a notebook hard drive or will the "regular" hard drives be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
You will require a notebook drive (2 1/2"), a regular drive will be almost the size of your MacBook (kidding), actually the regular size is a 3 1/2" which is much too big for your machine.

OP
N
Reaction score
mac books require a SATA interface correct?
anyone know if the Western Digital Scorpio is a respected drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.