LightZone demo

M

MacHeadCase

I was wondering... There are a lot of members posting about Apple's Aperture, Adobe's Lightroom but no one seems to have posted about LightZone. I searched these forums and it came up as a blank.

I would like to know if someone has tried the demo yet and if so, what are your thoughts, impressions, etc. on this app.

I remember when it first came out in beta, the big splash Light Crafts made was that it treated photos in a different way than the other apps.

This is a Universal Binary program. RAW file format support looks excellent... Well *cough* *cough* my camera is on the list.
icon12.gif

I'm sure when it is an official release, Adobe Lightroom's price will be quite prohibitive.

So uhm if no one has tried the demo yet, anyone up to be the Mac-Forums guinea pig?
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I have not heard of it before, will have to check it out when I get the chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I downloaded the trial of the "full" 2.0 version today and ran a photograph through it. Actually a pretty nice little program, its not Photoshop by any means but for $200. I think was the price it worked quite well. The rendering of the steps taken on the image were quick and responsive (The speed actually surprised me and this was a NEF from a D2x so not small by any standards), the interface somewhat clunky but think its a new option for people who do not wish to buy PSCS2 (or soon 3).
I only opened a RAW file, did some adjustments to the exposure and color then sharpened it. By no means did I run it through a gammet of scenarios...

It would be interesting to see how someone who used it for a month felt about it overall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, and I forgot to mention...in its "Features" it claims that you can be a Pro Photographer in days...

That may be grounds to receive a full refund :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
"you can be a Pro Photographer in days"

How can they put this stuff on their site? Laughable.

Other than that it sounds pretty good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.