• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why doesn't Apple...make a windows version of disk utility?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Does anybody here think that it would be good of Apple to release a windows version of Disk Utility?

Especially for those who are new to macs and may not have wanted to splash out on a superdrive (just in case they decided they preferred pc's).

There does not seem to be any pc burning software that does not have issues with some macintosh files, and even if Apple were to charge for such a programme, I think it would be greatly welcomed.

Reaction score
I don't think I'm getting your problem here... What kind of "Mac" files are giving you trouble in Windows?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
image files - iso's and dmgs

i thought this was a big prblem for lots of people, not just me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.