No power for my G4

Reaction score
When I push the power button on my G4 It glows and then turns itself off. I can't go beyond this point. I tried inserting the OS system, but that a no go issue too. What can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I'll defer to the experts, but this could be a firmware detected failure, and it shuts itself off, or it could be that your power supply is faulty.

OP
R
Reaction score
I reset the Cuda Chip and that keep my power on. Great!
But now I back to my original problem which is: the apple icon stays on for a long time then, I get a blue screen with any icons. The last thing happens is a black screen with a small white retangle in the upper left corner of the monitor. Is this a sign of crashed hard drive?

OP
R
Reaction score
When I push the power button on my G4 It glows and then turns itself off. I can't go beyond this point. I tried inserting the OS system, but that a no go issue too. What can I do?

Problem was solved when I reset the Cuda Chip located on the right side of the battery and that keep my power on. Thanks to MACHEADCASE

M

MacHeadCase

*Snip*
But now I back to my original problem which is: the apple icon stays on for a long time then, I get a blue screen with any icons. The last thing happens is a black screen with a small white retangle in the upper left corner of the monitor. Is this a sign of crashed hard drive?

Do you still have this problem, reginald?

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, the apple icon stays on for a long time then, I get a blue screen without any icons. The last thing happens is a black screen with a small white retangle in the upper left corner of the monitor. Is this a sign of crashed hard drive?

M

MacHeadCase

Ok can you list the Mac OS version you are using and the model of the Power Mac G4 you are using and the specs? Be specific please (example for OS version: not Tiger but 10.4.3 for instance). This would help us in seeing what could be wrong here.

OP
R
Reaction score
Blue Screen without icons

I have a power mac G4 CTO, 533MHz processor, 40 GB Ulttra ATA drive, OS version Tiger 10.4. Is this enough info to help you? (AGP Graphics) Mirrored Drive Doors).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.