why why why powerbook burned

P

PC HATER

what i am about to say is the most awfull thing you may ever hear on mac forums. my powerbook caught fire literally I was lighting a candle dropped it on the powebook and the screan burnede first then the keyvbaord then the insides it burned and popped and made noise then i cried someone help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Ummm i think you are beyond help there

OP
T

TylerMoney

buy some liquor, and take some of the pain away. that computer ain't coming back...try explaining to apple your computer just combusted into flames...I'm sure it'll work...........................................

OP
N

noirluispher

OMG - what were you thinking!? I am sorry for your loss. May your powerbook RIP.

Check and see if you Homeowners Insurance well pay for a replacement.

OP
S

StarManta

These things runs so hot, it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Apple bought the "it caught fire by itself" story.... :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
*rofl* yeah mine gets hot.. but not THAT hot! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Murlyn said:
*rofl* yeah mine gets hot.. but not THAT hot! :)

i make flapjacks on mine :D

OP
P

PC HATER

i dont know how to live now. Im on my school Ibook by the way, which isint that bad, but my powerbook i think i am going to be sick againg. it was 1,881 rebated to 1,566 it still sucks i love insurance. i think it is my saving grace

OP
T

TylerMoney

man. my powerbook doesn't get all that hot. as hot as I'd expect it to. no where near fire hot. no where near cooking on it hot. No where near uncomfortalbe hot. it just gets nice and warm....like a blancket...and that's after long use....catching fire to it is impressive, but I'm glad your taken care of with insurance....i don't know if I'd be...but I'd go to apple and say it just burst into flame...they can't say it didn't...and I would laugh when I hung up the phone....alright...I'm gonna go now...good luck getting everything fixed and what not...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
This was the funniest thread I've seen in a looong time. Thanks for the laughs. But seriously, I hope the insurance willl cover the replacement. Btw, did you back-up your data?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.