Bootcamp Partition Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
I am planing on putting windows on my macbook. I have a 120gb hard drive on the way and i wanted to make sure everything would go ok for when i installed everything, so i figured i would first test bootcamp and windows on my current 60gb hard drive.

I downloaded bootcamp and burned the drivers disk like it said. When i got the the partition section is said it could not becasue of a permisions error. I booted int othe install disk and fixed the error. Then when i went back to the partition section i got this error

bcyt1.jpg

To be honest i really do not know what it wants me to do. Though it may seem simple to some of you. My current HD is not partitioned and im not sure what it means for me to do.

If anyone could explain what this means, it would be a big help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It wants you to copy all the information to an external harddrive, reformat the internal drive as 1 large partition and restore the information.

Sometimes it can't partition the drive for boot camp because of fragmentation... That might be the issue in your case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.