compaq 168 pin EDO memory vs.

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my powermac g3 9500 series with some new ram. I read that these take "168 pin EDO memory". Please see the attached image. The title of this ram is compaq 168 pin EDO memory. Is there a difference between this and what a mac would use? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The title of this ram is compaq 168 pin EDO memory. Is there a difference between this and what a mac would use? Thanks

Nope. There is no difference.

Compaq is only the company that built the system it came from. The title of the RAM, or in other words the proper name, is 168 pin EDO SDRAM.

Reaction score
However: The Mac 9500 requires 5V buffered EDO non-ECC 168 pin DIMMs.

The picture is difficult - I can't tell the voltage (3.3V or 5V), but it looks like these may be ECC RAM. Your chances of this RAM working are slim - there are about a dozen variations on "128 Mb 168 pin EDO DIMM", so that name alone is no assurance

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses! I tested it out with no luck, the system ran but did not recognize the ram. In the meantime, I think i busted my video card :( ... lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.