slowing down

Reaction score
i just got my macbook (core2duo, 2.0 ghz) and when i first got it, it was super fast. now that i've begun to use it, added some programs and transferred some docs and music, i see the spinning wheel of death a lot just to open apps like my camino browser. my macbook hasn't shut down or frozen too long, but it kinda bothers me how much slower it is now. anything i can do to make macbook go faster?

(btw sry if this is not a hardware-related question, tried my best in deciding which was teh appropriate forum!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
you can try downloading and running onyx. also, how much ram do you have on it? you can increase the performance nuts fold by upping the ram to 2gb. finally, i think most people here would tell you that safari is the better browser to use on the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
I would not advise you on using Safari..for some reason people believe Safari has a problem with memory (using too much memory and leaking it, slowing down your computer for no reason)..I use Firefox and that's my favorite..Safari doesn't use tabbed browsing, and that's a feature that I love..

As for slowing down..how much RAM you have/ How many applications you have open are a big factor.

Do you put your computer to sleep on a daily basis and never do restarts?
If so..1-2x a week..just restart your comp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook white, 2.0 ghz core duo, 2gb ram, 160gb hd, superdrive
Safari does have tab browsing...

If you haven't already, I would upgrade the RAM.
Also, I would check to see if you're using any programs that is using memory.
Make sure you are installing programs that are designed for Intel/Universal. If not, you'll notice a hit in performance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.