Mac user in a Windows world - Issues to be aware ???

Reaction score
I am intending to buy a Macbook pro but might be primarily using it as a windows machine since at my office every one works on windows and most of the s/w I work is based on windows (I might use osx occassionally for video editing etc)

Can you please help me understand if there will be any issues that will pop-up in this scenario which i should be aware of some of them might be related to
1) Can i connect macbook pro to my office network which i believe is based on windows networking and all other machines running windows (can I do this only while running windows XP or even Mac OSX?). whill there be any issues in file sharing across machines?

2) Can I see all other machines windows in the network and access them ? Similarly can they access my machine (when I run XP)

3) can a dynamic IP be assigned (which is normally done with all other windows machines in our office netwrrk)

Any other things I shuld be aware of a totally new switcher from windows to mac and still remaining ina a windows world?

Thanks
Raju

Reaction score
The Switchers forum on this board has stickies that answer a bunch of FAQs you may have. Regarding networks in particular, one says:
Issue 8: I can't connect to my home network of PC computers.
Go to your System prefrences, and under internet and network click on the sharing pane. Then make sure windows sharing is enabled. . . .
And there is this that automates mapping network drives at login. You can also try running a Google search using "mac os x" network OR networking AND windows. You'll haul up tons of stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.