iTunes doesn't like my iPod

Reaction score
When I plug my iPod (2nd generation 40GB) into my iBook and open up iTunes the whole thing freezes. The multi-coloured wheel appears and it displays the iPod update screen. After some conciderable time a box appears stating that my iPod is being used by a different user. I can't force quit iTunes as it still believes that my iPod is connected.

I have tried logging out from my username, restarting the iBook, switching the whole thing off, running the batteries down, reloading iTunes, and swearing at it but to no avail.

The reasons it probably happened are that my girlfriend plug in her Nano on my user name, then unplugged it without ejecting. She also unplugged my iPod without ejecting after this.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you.

Unfortunately, the iPod is okay. It is iTunes that thinks it is still hooked up to the iPod.

A box now comes up stating along the lines of “The iPod is in use by another user on this computer.”

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
have u tried restoring your ipod?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.