• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Welcome all new members! (and old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I think we get a steady joining of members a day that a thread like this would be handy.

Welcome to all new members! Thank you for joining the Mac-Forum group! Please browse around, don't be shy and feel free to post! Ask questions were glad to answer them :D

Please by all means leave a post here! Ide be glad to personally welcome you! as would all the members!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i feel so welcomed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Wahoo! we're doing a good job! :) Welcome all you people.. all those compliments are why we do this :) Well and to spread the word about how great Apple is of course *grin*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well I'm so glad I joined! I have been made doz free since I got my awesome Mac and blasted doz off my i86 PC by installing Linux just to get rid of doz! :p So now I have no boring times posting and reading here and in a similar forum for Linux! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool
New here, but not to the Mac.

All: My name is Richard, first post here. I stumbled upon Mac-Forums.com earlier in the month by accident when I was looking for an article on Powerbooks and iBooks I had read way back. I took a look around and have "lurked" here more since. :cool:

Its great to see a message board for Apple and our beloved Macs. I have been a Mac user steady since 1999. I use to use Apple IIs (I think) as a kid, but in high school had a crap Windows Compaq PC. When I went to college in 1998 for graphic arts, I found out I'd be using a blue Power Mac G3. I was stoked back then! lol

I still had my dinosaur Compaq at home and was desperately in need of a new computer. I knew a Power Mac and Apple were my answers. In December 1999 when the Power Mac G4 with its super chip were brand spanking new I ordered one through Apple. Now I know better. :D

My old G4 still works well even though I have "upgraded" my old CRT Apple monitor to a Sony 15inch LCD screen, replaced the original keyboard with the Apple Pro, and did the same thing with the mouse. Replaced it with Apple opticial 'mice' 2x now. 2x because I think I wore out the other. lol Who knows.

I love Apple and Macs. My next Mac looks to be a high end model iBook. We'll see, depends on the pricing and financial situation then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Greetings and Welcome! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Graphite 500MHz G3, 640 MB Ram
Sup all, I am one of those Brit Mac users here on the forums :)

I first started using Macs by default, when my dad brought home an illegally obtained Mac OS from work to run on an old SE. And I'm obviously glad to be using Macs now, and glad to be spreading the goodness of Macs (two of my friends are now seriously looking into getting brand new Macintoshes because they thought mine was so elite). And these forums are the perfect place for all things Mac! :D

Thank you everyone who visits here, and makes this place so great. Long live Mac, hehe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Greetings to all the British Mac users :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Saying hello! It's been awhile since I have posted here.

If anyone remembers my issue with Comcast, i got it finally :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
congrats, but u should have put this in the bar ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol any cartoon can give seizures ;), its just flashing lights, or even a flickering of your TV can trigger them, if your sensive enough going to the movies will make you tweak out in the first scene.

Z

zoso1951

Thank you! This is a great webbie! Been wanting to get off of windoze since Leo Laporte turned me on to alt op sys in '98' on the Screen Savers. Then got a new job
in a Microsauce only office. My Dell, & Directway are getting old, and by the end of summer my wife and I will be up on Comcast wireless network and a couple of MAC's
I can hardly wait!!!! nahg nahg (he said clenching his teeth)

L

Lars Erik

I bought my first ever Mac yesterday. A ibook 12" G4 1000mhz. I guess that qualifys me as beeing newbie..:)

Hello all!

//Lars Erik

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Lars Erik said:
I bought my first ever Mac yesterday. A ibook 12" G4 1000mhz. I guess that qualifys me as beeing newbie..:)

Hello all!

//Lars Erik
Welcome Lars! Enjoy your new Mac and the forums :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
I think some of you guys know me from the bar and grill. Im a newbie too in a sense. This is the first time I have ever owned a mac and I LOVE IT! Fits well with the prelude and iPod. Its all has this really sleek look to it. But anyways, Im JD and I AM A PROUD MAC USER!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
lbtrix said:
Hi can anyone tell what software I need to burn DVD's in my powerbook g4 superdrive.

You can use iDVD to create DVDs. If you are looking at copying DVD then Toast.

L

lbtrix

rman said:
You can use iDVD to create DVDs. If you are looking at copying DVD then Toast.

yes I'm looking to copy............would roxio toast 6 lite v6.0.3 do the job.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have copied DVD that I have created, but I have not tried to copy other DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.