• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Welcome all new members! (and old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Ninyo

Hey guys!

I know that i'm not a mac user, but i registered to this forum because i am considering buying an iBook/Powerbook, so i thought i could gather some information before buying one. I've always been a fan the mac design, but never had the guts to buy one because of the lacking game compatibility. But now that a need something portable, i thought "why not a mac?" :)

anyways, i hope you wont treat me like an outcast because i'm stucked with crapdose :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Welcome to the forums! All are welcome here, the rules are very reasonable! When you get your first Mac, I'm sure you'll be delighted! :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Welcome to mac forums! and the mac world!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Help yourself to the beer, it's Murlyn's turn next week.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes welcome aboard!

M

macmarauder

Hello :) Well I guess I shoud tell something about my self.

Well I like Fast Cars, Fast Computers, Gorgeous Women, and Pinball Machines.
Now if I could get 7 of 9 to defrag her hard drive, go vroom vroom,
and add in a set of pinball flippers I’d be in heaven. ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mm hmm...
welcome to mac forums!

M

markceltic

Hello Ninyo whatever you need to know I'm sure we would like to help you out to convert fully to "our side":D.Ooookay macmarauder welcome to you as well,first 3 things I agree with you but since I usually play scrabble for a game..... A Trek fan? 7 of 9 reference.

N

nunofrrb

how do I start a thread?

HI

I'm new and have a technical question but amazingly I couldn't find where do I start a new thread. It's a great site, full of personal options and easy to navigate but I feel frustrated. Please how do I start a thread?

Guess I can ask here, I just added a 200gb internal hard disk to a power mac g4 733mhz and OSX only recognizes 137gb(126 formated). Drive is a seagate barracuda ata100, 7200rpm. Is it a OS fault?
Thanks in advance
nuno

W

Wapa18

there's probly a better place for your hard drive question, but the mods will take care of that. umm...to answer that, your powermac only comes with ATA100 (like you said), but any drive over 128GB requires an ATA133 bus, and the only powermac that comes with that is the most recent mirrored drive door g4 powermac

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
nunofrrb said:
HI

I'm new and have a technical question but amazingly I couldn't find where do I start a new thread. It's a great site, full of personal options and easy to navigate but I feel frustrated. Please how do I start a thread?

Guess I can ask here, I just added a 200gb internal hard disk to a power mac g4 733mhz and OSX only recognizes 137gb(126 formated). Drive is a seagate barracuda ata100, 7200rpm. Is it a OS fault?
Thanks in advance
nuno

Partition your disk in order to get more disk space. Like Wapa18 said, with ata100 there is a maximum disk size limit. So to get around the limit, partition your disk.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
J

Jackus

Hia, I'm new here aswell. Check out the website in my sig aswell :) Awesome Mac site. Hope to hang around here quite a bit.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WELCOME! were glad to have you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yep, of all the Mac sites, I find this the most efficient. So Mac like! :)

M

MrPencil

Hello, I am new here, and semi-new to apple computers. I made one thread in the switch forum, and some of you have seen it. The last time I used an Apple computer was in highschool years ago for desktop publishing. That was way before OS 9 or 8. Anyways I am loving it here so far, and I hope to stick around for a long time and learn a thing or two. ^_^

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome back to the mac world! :D hope you love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.