Is there a way to boost my connection?!?

Reaction score
Hi
Is anyone aware of an add-on that I could use to boost my existing airport on my Macbook (it's the new one)?? It's got a good signal but I'd love something that could boost the connection more; I don't really care if it's bulky. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
AFAIK there is not much you can do to boost the speed except moving in to the new 802.11n standard when it is available. According to Apple Insider, all the Mac systems are currently shipping with hidden 802.11n capabilities (Core 2 Duo MacBook, Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, Mac Pro and the Core 2 Duo iMac) with the exception of the 17-inch 1.83GHz model. Once the AirPort Extreme Base Station is available Apple may release an "AirPort Extreme 802.11n Enabler 1.0" patch for a small fee. Then the speed will be 5x the current speed :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.