G4 QuickSilver Dolby Digital & 720p Upgrades?

Reaction score
OK, so this has seemingly been impossible to find information on the internet, so please if anyone has information email me blur35mm(at)gmail.com.

I have a Dual 1GHZ Quicksilver PowerMac G4 with 1.5 GB Ram. I am upgrading when 8coremac comes out. I recently built a home theater with a Sanyo PLV-Z5 projector which outputs 720p. Details coming soon to www(dot)hemingwayhometheater(dot)com.

1. I want to play Video_TS folders from within Apple DVD Player. This is possible already. What I came to find out is that the Apple DVD player CAN in fact output an AC-3 Dolby Digital signal (which is important to me), so I need to find out what is the best audio card upgrade for my G4 that will allow me to get the PURE AC-3 signal transferred OUT of the G4 via Optical out into my Digital Optical IN on my receiver? This will preserve the AC3 signal to be decoded by the receiver itself.

2. What video cards are compatible with the G4 so that I can install and output a TRUE 1280x720 signal to the projector?

3. Also, what BlueTooth cards, wireless mice and keyboards can people recommend that will work with the G4 Quicksilver? This way I can control everything from the couch with the equipment behind me.

So, overall my G4 can become my Video_TS (DVD) video server preserving the Dolby Digital AC3 signal and also outputting true 720p and I can store those pesky DVD discs in the attic.

This seems so easy, but there doesn't appear to be any information out on the web??????

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.