safari and tabbed browsing.

Reaction score
hey does safari support tabbed browsing.. if so maybe i just need to update safari otherwise if it does not how do i install i guess firefox and uninstall safari (if that doesn't mess up core files.) ?? i know how to install firefox really just uninstalling safari if i can't update it to tabbed browsing.

M

MacHeadCase

Safari in its Tiger version does indeed support tabbed browsing. I would guess you have Panther on your Mac? One thing you can do for an older version of Safari is look for add-ons for that Safari version (be careful not to install addons destined for Tiger though).

Lots of stuff can be found at Pimp My Safari. One of the addons that would work with Panther's Safari would be Safari Extender. It's $10US but you can try before you buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, OSX ver 10.4.8
Try Firefox and install an extension called Tab Mix Plus if you are serious about using tabbed browsing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Heck, Firefox, right out of the box, no extensions needed, supports tabbed browsing. Been using it for what seems like years now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I wish Safari had a "session saver" plugin or something.. I'm so sick of FireFox, and I love Safari, except the fact I have to re-open my 15 odd tabs when I start it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Download Safaristand, it has sweet tabs, and has a session saver pref.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Safari has tabbed browsing built in, no need for plug ins or anything all you have to do is turn it on.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Tabs > Enable Tabbed Browsing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.