blue screen when after waking up.....

Reaction score
Well, lately, I have noticed that after my MBP wakes up from sleep, it will come on and will show the normal desktop for a second or two, then the screen will turn blue for at least a couple seconds, then my desktop will come back on. What is this? It never used to do this when I first got my MBP about 8 months ago. Anybody heard of this or had this problem also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 15" 2.8GHz, 4GB, 320GB
I have the same problem. It just recently started too. But I don't know why or or how to fix it.

OP
G
Reaction score
well, i still havn't found out why its happening, but if I do, I will be sure to let you know. Its quite annoying and not really sure what the deal is.

OP
G
Reaction score
well, i have OS X 10.4.8. the link was for fixing the problem on an earlier version. Will that matter, or should do those things anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 15" 2.8GHz, 4GB, 320GB
well, i have OS X 10.4.8. the link was for fixing the problem on an earlier version. Will that matter, or should do those things anyway?

Yeah, I'm not really worrying about it. But I think it has something to do with requiring password after screensaver or wake?? IDK, It doesn't really matter to me

OP
G
Reaction score
I did a complete shutdown, it had been a while anyway, and just rebooted about an hour later. It seemed to have fixed the "problem".

Reaction score
Blue screen after wake up

I too have the same problem.

If I restart the machine, it seems to go away for a while. But after a short time, it starts to do it again. It also seems to get progressively worse, taking longer and longer to wake from sleep.

Eventually I get sick and tired and restart and the problem goes away for a moment again.

Although I just saw on this page:

http://andrewescobar.com/archive/2005/11/11/how-to-safe-sleep-your-mac/

That you need as much free disk space as you have RAM, and then 750MB more on top of that....

That could be my problem. I've got 1GB RAM but only about 600MB free.

matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.