View Hidden Files

Reaction score
I have got some hidden files on my macbook pro. How can I view them? I am new to the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Related article can be found here. You can also use the Tinkertool if you like the easy way :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
ls -a
in a terminal window should show you everything (-a..for all)
-d

Reaction score
Download MainMenu. It's free, it does this and so much more.

I just downloaded this program. Is there anything that you recommend that I should do on a daily basis, monthly, yearly? Thanks-

Tim Geary

M

MacHeadCase

Some of the things in this post applies to your question.

I use MainMenu every day. First thing I do every morning before opening any app, I launch MainMenu and run the daily task. I chose Saturday to run the weekly task so on Saturdays I run the daily and weekly tasks. Once a month I'll add the monthly task to that list on Saturdays.

Hope this helps. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You could also purchase PathFinder, an excellent, excellent file manager. It has an option to allow you to see hidden files. You can turn this option on and off, to see them when you want, and not when you don't.

PathFinder is $35, so it isn't cheap, but it is a real power file manager. When I have heavy duty file management work to do, I pull out PathFinder. See http://www.cocoatech.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.