Can't Listen to Paul Harvey News ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
I still cannot listen to the Paul Harvey news --

http://www.paulharvey.com/

I've tried using Camino, Netscape and Safari. My G4 iBook is updated with the latest software, and working perfectly. I am able to listen to tons of other audio files with no problems.

When I click on the link to listen to the Paul Harvey news, QuickTime opens up, but there is nothing to listen to. I've tried checking the settings in QuickTime, but cannot find any settings to stop QuickTime from opening up.

I've sent numerous messages to the Contact on the Paul Harvey news website, but have never received an answer. This problem started at least six months ago.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

-- vja4Him

Reaction score
Try this

According to his web site, it only works with Windows Media Player. Microsoft quit making updates for WMP, so you have to use Flip4Mac. It is a plug in that allows you to view and listen to WMP things with Quicktime. You can download it for free at www.flip4mac.com. Try that and see if that works for you.

OP
vja4Him
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
Flip4Mac Installed, Still Can't Listen to Paul Harvey ...

According to his web site, it only works with Windows Media Player. Microsoft quit making updates for WMP, so you have to use Flip4Mac. It is a plug in that allows you to view and listen to WMP things with Quicktime. You can download it for free at www.flip4mac.com. Try that and see if that works for you.

I have Flip4Mac installed. When I click on the audio link to listen to the Paul Harvey news, Windows Media Player opens, but I keep getting an error message (after waiting a long time):

"The server is not responding."

Maybe the audio links will work later ..... ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.