Soon to be Mac user! Lend a helping hand?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in. 2.33Ghz Intel C2D MBP, 2 GB RAM, 160GB HD, 256MB ATI Video
Hello all. I am excited to report that I ordered a new 15 in. Intel C2D MacBook Pro (should arrive by the weekend). Like I have read in other posts, I was exhausted from reformatting and cloning my hard drive after virus-induced crashes. Downloading so much security software, and software to do cool things like record music and make movies for that matter, became a tedious task - especially after computer crashes. Thankfully, I'll have made the switch this weekend and won't have to worry so much about these things in the future. Hooray!

Anyways, I have a few questions. I plan to transfer some files and my iTunes library from my PC to my Mac via an Ethernet cord. Has anyone gone this route? If so, please let me know any tricks, hints, or refer me to a guide of sorts.

Unfortunately, I still need Windows for a few classes at school that require software designed only for XP. Therefore I need to install Boot Camp. The process seems easy enough, but I wanted to make sure it is that simple.

Perhaps these questions were asked in another thread, so I apologize for repeating. Although I have read numerous switching guides I am open to new information. If you think there is something I should know, tell me about it! Thanks in advance for any and all help!

--vtbrammer

Reaction score
for your windows needs you don't have to install boot camp if you don't want to. You can use parallels or crossover office.

both products have websites you can look at to help with your decision.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in. 2.33Ghz Intel C2D MBP, 2 GB RAM, 160GB HD, 256MB ATI Video
Thanks Smackintosh. I'll check out their websites.

I'm still leaning towards Boot Camp since it was designed by Apple, and when I am not using Windows I want it where I cannot see it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.