Noob Q - help w/ new purchase

Reaction score
Hey I am buying a mac laptop, I have 1500$ and I need a mac book pro because I am a programmer and I plan to run primarily eclipse with photoshop, although I need to multitask with out any lag, and a 15inch screen.. I found this laptop:
http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buy...round&sort=subtotal,&units=1&ptitle=506118836

Is it the same as the one from the apple store even thuough it is alot less... Harddrive and RAM are not a problem because those are easily upgradable in the future when I have more money, although I noticed it said on all those sites that the processer was 2ghz and the apple store boasts a 2.16ghz - they did mention that the processor
'revolutionary Intel Core Duo - which packs the power of two processors (up to 2.16GHz) inside a single chip.' is this the same?
are there any other real caveats that anyone can see from this deal? because if not this is a god-send, I really need this laptop!

thanks for your help everyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That is a the previous model of the MBP. If you are looking for a deal, go to the refurbished section of Apple's site. Same warranty, same computer as the new ones, only alot cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.0 gHz 4GB mem ATI x1900 512. MacBook Pro 2.0 gHz 2GB mem ATI x1600 256. G4. G3.
I have been using that model since March of 06 and it's been good to me. The only thing they get hot, really hot. I've put agb extra ram for total of two now. Mostly I use it Logic Pro when I am on the road.
My friends Intel Core Duo 2 seems to run a lot cooler so that's what I would recommend.
Looking into refurbs is a good idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.