New to This..Parallels, Coherence

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MB Air, Iphone
New to Mac's but not new to Windows. I am having problems with Parallels, namely using a USB Mass Storage Device within Winxp via Parallels. It won't recognize it and wondered if anyone else had this problem?
Also, I am trying to use Coherence but not sure how to get the programs working within OS X. I have started the VM, then hit Coherence and it says use Favorite Apps. How does one select Favorite Apps from inside Windows and make Aliases?
Called Parallels support and they have yet to get back to me, after a few days...:(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Parallels does not support USB 2.0 at this time. In order to access your drive you will need to set it up in OS X and share it. Then access the share from the virtual machine. Here is a link at Parallels site. Scroll down about 2/3 way down the page. Look for "How can I connect devices to my virtual machine and get it to work" for more info.

http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/faq/4/#4-7

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have not done a search - think they are supported in Boot Camp.

According to the Boot Camp documentation the following are not supported:
Apple Remote
Bluetooth - have seen some reports of this working, mine does not, drivers for this are not on the driver CD created by Boot Camp
And a couple of other minor features on MBP's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.