iMac + Rear Projection HDTV, Will this work?

Reaction score
I am considering buying an iMac within the next week. I know I am getting one, but I would love to be able to hook it up to my HDTV and use Front Row to view iTunes movies, tv, ect... I know I will need to purchase the mini DVI adaptor in order to make this work. My main question is, will that adaptor allow me to connect to what I believe is DVI-D (dual link). I am attaching a photo of the cable and the connection that my tv has. If I am mistaken on anything above, please correct me. Thanks in advance, can't wait to become a Mac user. I am so tired of Windows.

Bryan
dvi.JPG

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Should not be a problem connecting it to your TVwith the proper cables. You will probably have to do some resolution adjustment once connected.

Reaction score
I'm doing what you are doing as well, my adapter is coming in a few days. I'll confirm if it is DVID-d dual, as I understand it is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it will work fine, but you need to make sure that you have an audio output cable from the computer to the tv as DVI does not carry audio.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the audio taken care of. I run everything through my reciever, but I didn't want to dig through all the wires and pull the reciever out to get a picture of the DVI port on the back of it. I have plenty of open audio connections on it. I currently have the following hooked up. Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, DVD-R, and Dish Network DVR. Thanks for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.